Mohammadan Assembly (Majlis-e-Mohammadi)
This article will give you a detailed knowledge about Mohammadan Assembly.
Sultan Bahoo strictly believed in the ‘eternal existence’ of the Holy Prophet. He said;
- How can such a person be considered a faithful, Muslim or follower of the Holy Prophet who does not believe that the Holy Prophet is alive! No doubt, such a person is liar, faithless and a hypocrite, whoever he is. The Holy Prophet said;
اَلْکِذَّابُ لَا اُمَّتِیْ
Meaning: A liar does not belong to my umma. (Kaleed-ul-Tauheed Kalan)
- Surely, both the worlds curse the one who does not believe in the life of Holy Prophet. Only that person denies the eternal life of the Prophet and considers him dead whose faith Satan has confiscated. Moreover his inward has darkened. (Kaleed-ul-Tauheed)
- The person who sincerely and faithfully beseeches in the Mohammadan Assembly, the Holy Prophet along with his Companions and Grandsons meets him physically and helps. (Aqal-e-Baydar)
- Listen! One who does not believe in the eternal life of the Holy Prophet, his faith is confiscated. (Ain-ul-Faqr)
Iqbal and the Mohammadan Assembly (Majlis-e-Mohammadi)
Allama Iqbal the thinker and poet of the East has stated about the eternal existence of the Holy Prophet:
“I have complete faith that Prophet Mohammad is alive. Moreover the people of this age can also benefit from his company (through the Mohammadan Assembly) as the sacred Companions of the Holy Prophet did. Alas! In this era, the very expression of such convictions would be unpleasant for most people. That is why, I remain silent. (A letter to Niaz-ud-Din Khan-‘Fitrak-e-Rasool-Pg 71-Chapter 3’)
بہ مصطفٰےؐ برساں خویش را کہ دین ہمہ اوست
اگر بہ او نہ رسیدی ، تمام بولہبی است
Explanation: You must take yourself to Prophet Mohammad. That is in fact the Mohammadan Assembly (Majlis-e-Mohammadi) as he is the complete and perfect faith. If you do not take yourself to the Mohammadan Assembly, your whole faith is like that of Abu Lahab. (Armoghan-e-Hijaz)
Sultan-ul-Faqr VI and the Mohammadan Assembly
Sultan-ul-Faqr VI Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali explained about the Mohammadan Assembly (Majlis-e-Mohammadi);
- In the spiritual world, the eternal presence in the Mohammadan Assembly (Majlis-e-Mohammadi) is a very elevated station. The sacred countenance of Prophet Mohammad is the realIsm-e-Allah Zaat(the personal name of Allah). For the sacred Companions, Ism-e-Allah Zaat was the physical face of the Holy Prophet. Therefore, they did not need to perform the contemplation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat. Now, for presence in the Mohammadan Assembly (Majlis-e-Mohammadi), the invocation and contemplation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat or Ism-e-Mohammad is essential. However, perfect spiritual guide grants it to whom the Holy Prophet has spiritually permitted. When the seeker recognizes the Holy Prophet by the light of Ism-e-Allah Zaat or Ism-e-Mohammad, there remains no room for any doubt because it is the Hadith of the Holy Prophet:
“Who witnessed me, undoubtedly he witnessed the Truth, as Satan cannot adopt my face.”
- When the seeker attains presence in the Mohammadan Assembly (Majlis-e-Mohammadi), all his wishes fulfill. In fact, this is because of the privilege of seeing the sacred face of Holy Prophet in the Mohammadan Assembly. Moreover he approaches the station of annihilation in Allah and immortality with H(Sultan-ul-Faqr VI Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali Life and Teachings)
Presence of Mohammadan Assembly – The highest spiritual station
Vision of Allah and eternal presence in the Mohammadan Assembly (Majlis-e-Mohammadi) are two such sublime stages in the spiritual world, that no other level is higher than these. The Mohammadan Assembly (Majlis-e-Mohammadi) still exists today, as it used to be in the time of sacred Companions.
Perhaps there is no such writing of Sultan Bahoo in which he has not mentioned about Mohammadan Assembly (Majlis-e-Mohammadi). In the path to Divine Reality, it is such a station where the seeker of Allah finds spiritual honour due to the eternal presence of Mohammadan Assembly. Moreover in the Mohammadan Assembly (Majlis-e-Mohammadi) the Holy Prophet guides and helps him to complete the stages of the gnosis of Allah.
Holy Prophet’s sacred face is Ism-e-Allah Zaat
While explaining Bismillah, Allama Ahmad Yar Khan Naeemi writes in Tafsir-e-Naeemi:
“Ism-e-Allah Zaat is the physical form of the Holy Prophet”.
Sultan Bahoo says;
“Presence in the Mohammadan Assembly (Majlis-e-Mohammadi) is achieved through the contemplation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat and Ism-e-Mohammad. (Ism-e-Mohammad is the sacred name of Prophet Mohammad.)”
The explanation of this extract is that, for the privileged Companions of the Holy Prophet, his sacred face was ‘Ism-e-Allah Zaat’. Moreover his sacred self was ‘Ism-e-Mohammad’. They did not need anything else to get the Divine guidance because his company was enough for them.
Notably how do the seekers of Allah of this age get guidance from the Holy Prophet? Now, the only way to access to the court of the Holy Prophet i.e. the Mohammadan Assembly is the contemplation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat and Ism-e-Mohammad. Provided that the Holy Prophet spiritually permits the Murshid to grant it. The seeker of Allah knows this fact on the very first day of the contemplation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat whether he has received Ism-e-Allah Zaat or Ism-e-Mohammad from the court of perfect spiritual guide or not. This is because of the radiant effects of Ism-e-Allah Zaat and Ism-e-Mohammad on his self that take him spiritually in the Mohammadan Assembly (Majlis-e-Mohammadi).
The seeker achieves all the objectives in the Mohammadan Assembly
According to Sultan Bahoo;
شد مطالب دیدن رو مصطفٰےؐ
شد حضوری غرق فی اللہ باخدا
Explanation: Undoubtedly the seeker achieves all the objectives on entering the Mohammadan Assembly (Majlis-e-Mohammadi). It is by virtue of beholding the sacred countenance of Prophet Mohammad. Furthermore one finds blessing of immersion in the state of Divine presence and Oneness with Allah. (Kaleed-ul-Tauheed Kalan)
Four kinds of invocation that lead to the Mohammadan Assembly
Sultan Bahoo says in Kaleed-ul-Tauheed Kalan:
“Unless the seeker becomes spiritually mature by performing four kinds of invocation, four kinds of meditation and four kinds of concentration, he does not qualify for the presence in the Mohammadan Assembly.
First is the declining invocation. On the commencement of this invocation, all the major and minor creations are inclined towards the reciter. Initially a lot of disciples and seekers adopt this invocation. However when it reaches its peak, most of the disciples and seekers leave it being spiritually demoted and repulsed. (As they cannot bear its effects and Satan depraves them). Then they say:
“We repent thousand times from such invocation”.
Only that true seeker remains steadfast who purely desires to attain gnosis and union with Allah.
Invocation of marvels
Second is the eternal invocation which is the invocation of marvels. From the outset of this invocation, all the angels are actually attracted towards the reciter and armies of angels gather around him. The twin recording angels Kiramun Katibeen give him inspirations about every good and bad and keep him away from sins. Subsequently, when this invocation reaches its peak (i.e. the seeker accomplishes in it) the third invocation starts.
Invocation of Divine union
The third invocation is the invocation of Divine union. This invocation takes the seeker to the assembly of Prophets and Saints esoterically and blesses him with Divine union. When the seeker united with Allah accomplishes in this invocation, the fourth invocation begins.
Invocation of spiritual states
Lastly, the fourth invocation is the invocation of spiritual states. While performing this invocation, the seeker finds blessing of the theophanies of light of the Divine Essence. In addition, he reaches the level of annihilation in Allah. Moreover he becomes immortal with Him. After crossing these four levels of invocation, the seeker becomes eligible for presence in the Mohammadan Assembly (Majlis-e-Mohammadi). (Kaleed-ul-Tauheed Kalan)
Inward eye to see the Mohammadan Assembly
ہر کرا از دل کشاید چشم نور
شد حضوری مصطفےٰؐ رست از غرور
Explanation: When the seeker’s inward eye enlightens by the Divine light, he certainly gets rid of arrogance. Moreover, the spiritual guide then blesses the seeker with the presence in the Mohammadan Assembly. (Kaleed-ul-Tauheed Kalan)
Marvel of conversation of the Prophet
Sultan Bahoo further says:
“Other features of the Mohammadan Assembly are that the Holy Prophet outwardly speaks to worldly people with his physical body. While inwardly his soul keeps conversing with the spiritual people. When he moves his lips for discourse, the learned people are amazed. Moreover the worldly people think that he is discoursing with them. While the spiritual people consider that he is talking to them. However, the reality is that he converses only with Allah – the Compassionate. His sacred being is pure of the inciting innerself. It has extremely worried Satan who is in fact the friend of inciting innerself. Bayazid Bastami said:
“I have been talking to Allah for thirty years. Surprisingly the worldly people think I am talking to them. While the spiritual ones think I am addressing them.” (Kaleed-ul-Tauheed Kalan)
It is only the perfect spiritual guide who provides guidance on the esoteric path and leads to the Mohammadan Assembly. The truth is that the seeker of Allah can never find spiritual presence in the Mohammadan Assembly by the superficial daily devotional practices and recitals. Even if he continues performing hard mystic exercises throughout his life.
True Muslim is the one who reaches Mohammadan Assembly
Sultan Bahoo says in Kaleed-ul-Tauheed Kalan:
- You must know that a nation follows its leader. So a true Muslim is the one who follows Prophet Mohammad completely. Moreover he reaches the Mohammadan Assembly (Majlis-e-Mohammadi) following his every step. I am surprised at the people who do not know the way to presence in the Mohammadan Assembly (Majlis-e-Mohammadi). Even then they do not seek it from the perfect Mystics due to their conceit, immodesty, arrogance and egoism. The foolish people get jealous of the seeker blessed with presence of the Mohammadan Assembly. In addition they cannot even look at him out of their jealousy, such people are absolute beasts. One not approved by the Holy Prophet is not a faithful or even a Muslim. He can never be a Fakir, Dervish or a religious scholar and one should not consider him a follower of the Prophet (Kaleed-ul-Tauheed Kalan)
What is man’s origin?
Sultan Bahoo says:
“The spiritual company of the Holy Prophet in the Mohammadan Assembly is the secret to righteousness. This secret reveals itself on returning to the origin. Hadith:
اَلنِّھَایَۃُ ھُوَ الرَّجُوْعُ اِلَی الْبِدَایَۃِ
Meaning: Returning to the origin is the final level.” (Kaleed-ul-Tauheed Kalan)
In fact the manifestation of the Divine Reality began from the revelation of the Mohammadan light. Then all the creatures came into being from it. Therefore the ‘origin’ is the Mohammadan light. Hence to return back to the origin is the completion (of the spiritual journey) and perfection (of the seeker). This is what, is meant by the presence of the Mohammadan Assembly (Majlis-e-Mohammadi) and this is actually the secret of guidance. Thus, the one who neither acknowledges it nor seeks it, cannot be a follower of the Holy Prophet.
When does one achieve the reality of Mohammadan Assembly?
The Holy Prophet said:
مَنْ رَّأَنِیْ فَقَدْ رَایَ الْحَقِّ فَاِنَّ الشَّیْطٰنَ لَا یَتَمَثَّلُ بِیْ
Meaning: Whoever beheld me, no doubt, he actually beheld me because Satan can never take my form.
If the true seeker who is blessed with presence of the Mohammadan Assembly requests for solution to his problem. Then the Holy Prophet orders to resolve that issue. Afterwards the sacred Companions also pray for him. If even then that problem is not resolved, then what could be the reason? That seeker of Allah must know that he has not reached the level of perfection yet. Actually he is still progressing spiritually. He still has worldly desires that are creating hurdles for him. However, the Mohammadan Assembly grants him esoterically a blessing as a substitute of his request which makes him happy. Congratulations to him on his progress towards closeness to Allah.
The seeker should not be ignorant or has desires of this carrion world. Otherwise the Mohammadan Assembly banishes or confiscates his spiritual ranks. When the esoteric and exoteric selves of a seeker become one, he reaches such a level which is beyond all levels. Reality of the Mohammadan Assembly reveals upon seekers who have reached the Divine Oneness becoming one with the One. (Shams-ul-Arifeen)
The Mohammadan Assembly is heaven
Seeker when blessed with vision of the Holy Prophet (on entering Mohammadan Assembly) instantly raises to the level of Saint. He either becomes a favourite Mystic or a majdhub, a beloved or a veiled reprobate. The secret behind it is that when he enters the Mohammadan Assembly, he must not doubt it. As this assembly is like a heaven where discussion about Quran, Hadith, invocation and Divinity continues. One either gets the rank of beloved or a reprobate from this assembly. Because it is like a touchstone which distinguishes truth from falsehood. If the person is insincere or a liar, his insincerity and lie are exposed on entering the assembly. Moreover if he is sincere and true, the Mohammadan Assembly verifies it. The being of the true seeker converts into the Divine light on seeing this assembly. In addition he finds eternal presence. (Ameer-ul-Kaunain)
What kind of people are neglectful of the Mohammadan Assembly (Majlis-e-Mohammadi)?
Sultan Bahoo says:
- A jealous, hypocrite, dark souled or a liar is the follower of devil and is guideless. He is deprived of the gnosis. Hence, he says that in this age no spiritual guide is able to impart guidance. Moreover he says that book reading is enough (to get spiritual knowledge about Allah). In fact he is like a brigand due to such devilish trick, sensual wile and deceit. As he keeps others away from gnosis of Allah and righteousness. He also prevents them from presence in the Mohammadan Assembly (Majlis-e-Mohammadi). One should not trust him because such a person has a dark soul. He wanders about like a dog in search of carrion. (Ameer-ul-Kaunain)
Only the perfect spiritual guide can take to the Mohammadan Assembly
روز و شب در طلبِ نبوی با حضور
مرد مرشد میرساند خاص نور
ہرکہ منکر میشود زیں خاص راہ
عاقبت کافر شود با دو سیاہ
Explanation: Seek presence in the Mohammadan Assembly (Majlis-e-Mohammadi) day and night. Yet remember one thing, only the perfect spiritual guide can take you to that most special Divine light. Whoever denies this path, ultimately becomes an infidel and is disgraced forever. (Majalisa-tul-Nabi Khurd)
Ism-e-Allah Zaat leads to the Mohammadan Assembly
The inciting self and the cursed Satan can never enter the Mohammadan Assembly (Majlis-e-Mohammadi). This is the path of invocation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat. Through it one can see the pre-existence, the eternity, the world and the doomsday. Moreover he can observe the place of judgement, the Divine presence, nearness to Allah, hell, heaven, heavenly fairies and castles. (Aqal-e-Beydar)
The nine places where the Mohammadan Assembly is held
- The eternal end.
- At the tomb of Holy Prophet in Madina.
- In the sanctuary of Kaaba inside the Holy Kaaba or in the plain of mount Arafat where the prayers of hajj are accepted.
- Above the Empyrean.
- At the extreme nearness to Allah (Qab Qausain).
- In the paradise. If the seeker eats or drinks something from there, he never feels hunger or thirst in his life again. Further he does not feel the need to sleep ever again.
- At the pond of Kauther in heaven. Where, if the Holy Prophet makes the seeker drink the holy beverage from his hands, his whole being purifies. Moreover, he acquires the attributes of renunciation of the world and complete trust upon Allah. Then, crossing the levels of separation and isolation by the favour of Allah he reaches the station of Oneness. Here the Lord blesses him with His company.
- The level of complete immersion in the Divine light of Lordship after having the privilege of Divine vision.
Presence of Mohammadan Assembly (Majlis-e-Mohammadi) is the greatest blessing
Sultan Bahoo said in his Punjabi couplet:
ب بسم اﷲ اِسم اﷲ دا‘ ایہہ وِی گہناں بھارا ھو
نال شفاعت سرور ِ عالمؐ ، چھٹسی عالم سارا ھو
حدوں بے حد درود نبیؐ نوں ‘ جیندا ایڈ پسارا ھو
میں قربان تنہاں توں باھوؒ، جنہاں ملیا نبیؐ سوہارا ھو
Explanation: Ism-e-Allah Zaat is in Bismillah. Moreover it is that grand Divine Trust which was refused to be borne by every creature except the human being. We received this Trust by the medium of the Holy Prophet for whom Allah decorated and adorned this universe. On the doomsday the Muslims will get salvation only through the intercession of the Holy Prophet. Countless blessings of Allah upon the Holy Prophet. As we are the nation of such a prestigious Prophet who is the greatest blessing of Allah in the entire universe. I may sacrifice myself for those seekers who find closeness of the Prophet by entering the Mohammadan Assembly.
The presence in the Mohammadan Assembly is the most important spiritual station which is beyond words. This is the destination of truth of certainty (haq al-yaqin). Only he becomes familiar to the reality of Majlis-e-Mohammadi who approaches it and experiences it. He finds blessing of meeting with Allah as well as His vision. The Mohammadan Assembly blesses the seeker with union of Allah.