VISION OF ALLAH (DEEDAR E ELAHI)-ULTIMATE RANK OF MYSTIC
ORIGIN OF DEEDAR E ELAHI (VISION OF ALLAH):
Faqr is the knowledge of the Deedar e Elahi also known as Divine vision which means beholding Allah. This is the grandest reward for the one who treads this path. Additionally, the conventional term for its achiever is ‘Mystic’. As he is the one who worships Allah Almighty while seeing Him for he has exceeded from the initial stage of ‘certainty’ which is through knowledge to the final level which is in fact truth.
The literal meanings of ‘liqa’ لقا are vision, countenance and meeting and for ‘ru’yat’ روئیت the meanings are again vision, countenance and sight. In Arabic, words ‘liqa’ لقا and ‘ru’yat’ روئیت when joined with ‘Allah’ are for describing Allah’s vision and observation. Hence, ‘liqa‘ لقا means Deedar-e-Elahi (Divine vision). The aim of life is the recognition and gnosis of Allah and ‘recognition’ in actual is seeing Allah. There is nothing more fulfilling then this blessing and this incomparable and remarkable vision is possible not through the physical eyesight rather spiritual sight.a
RECOGNIZE ALLAH FOR DEEDAR-E-ELAHI:
Shaikh Abdul Qadir Jilani said:
“He is but a hypocrite who claims to worship Allah Almighty and does not recognize Him”.
Allah created the creation for the sole purpose of His recognition, to disclose the manifestation of both His beauty and majesty so that humans can love Him. On the day of Divine covenant (Alast الست ), in the entire universe, the grandest responsibility of Trust of Allah was only borne by man. Allah bestowed such affection and consideration upon man that whenever he went astray forgetting this promise in the physical world, he was reminded of it through the guidance of Prophets who not only reminded of it but also prepared people to succeed in the ‘test of loving Allah above every other relation and thing’. Prophet Mohammad, for whom Allah created this universe, reminded people of the forgotten lesson of this love and gave the complete code of life through Quran and Sunna to umma.
SURA AL-INSHIQAAQ ABOUT DEEDAR E ELAHI:
In Quran, Allah brought attention towards Himself saying:
يٰۤاَيُّهَا الۡاِنۡسَانُ اِنَّكَ كَادِحٌ اِلٰى رَبِّكَ كَدۡحًا فَمُلٰقِيۡهِ
Meaning: O man! You sustain rigours to reach your Lord, ultimately you will meet Him. (Al-Inshiqaaq 6)
فَفِرُّوْٓا اِلَی اللّٰہِ
Meaning: So run towards Allah. (Adh-Dhariyat 50)
وَ فِیۡٓ اَنۡفُسِکُمۡ ؕ اَفَلَا تُبۡصِرُوۡنَ ۔
Meaning: And (I am) in yourselves. So do you not see? (Adh-Dhariyat 21)
He further blesses and says, atleast you should try.
Meaning: Will you observe patience? (And not even try to proceed towards your Lord?) And your Lord is All-Seeing (and is waiting). (Al-Furqan 20)
Allah says those who try to proceed towards Allah, verily, find the way.
وَ الَّذِیۡنَ جَاہَدُوۡا فِیۡنَا لَنَہۡدِیَنَّہُمۡ سُبُلَنَا ؕ
Meaning: And those who strive hard for Our cause, We certainly guide them to Our ways. (Al-Ankabut 69)
Allah Almighty also told us the way to Deedar e Elahi:
فَمَنۡ كَانَ يَرۡجُوۡالِقَآءَ رَبِّهٖ فَلۡيَـعۡمَلۡ عَمَلًا صَالِحًـا
Meaning: So, whoever hopes to see his Lord should do good deeds. (Al-Kahf 110)
Allah has made the repercussions clear for those who deny His vision in subsequent verses:
اُولٰۤـئِكَ الَّذِيۡنَ كَفَرُوۡا بِاٰيٰتِ رَبِّهِمۡ وَلِقَآئِهٖ فَحَبِطَتۡ اَعۡمَالُهُمۡ فَلَا نُقِيۡمُ لَهُمۡ يَوۡمَ الۡقِيٰمَةِ وَزۡنًـا
Meaning: It is those who have denied the signs of their Lord and His vision, so all their deeds are ruined and We shall not give any weight or (even) any worth to them (and their deeds) on the day of rising (they will be thrown into hell fire without reckoning of their deeds). (Al-Kahf 105)
There is forewarning for those who do not intend and aim to have the blessed Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision):
اِنَّ الَّذِيۡنَ لَا يَرۡجُوۡنَ لِقَآءَنَا وَرَضُوۡا بِالۡحَيٰوةِ الدُّنۡيَا وَاطۡمَاَنُّوۡا بِهَا وَالَّذِيۡنَ هُمۡ عَنۡ اٰيٰتِنَا غٰفِلُوۡنَۙ
اُولٰٓـئِكَ مَاۡوٰهُمُ النَّارُ بِمَا كَانُوۡا يَكۡسِبُوۡنَ
Meaning: Verily, those who do not expect to see Us and are pleased with the worldly life and are well-contented with it and who are neglectful of Our signs, it is they whose abode is hell, a recompense for the deeds they used to earn. (Yunus 7-8)
قَدْ خَسِرَ الَّذِیْنَ كَذَّبُوْا بِلِقَآء اللّهِ
Meaning: So those who belie seeing Allah incur loss. (Al-An’am 31)
SURA HA-MIM AS-SAJDA:
اَلَاۤ اِنَّہُمۡ فِیۡ مِرۡیَۃٍ مِّنۡ لِّقَآءِ رَبِّہِمۡ ؕ اَلَاۤ اِنَّہٗ بِکُلِّ شَیۡءٍ مُّحِیۡطٌ ﴿٪۵۴﴾
Meaning: Beware that they are in doubt about seeing their Lord. Beware! He is the One Who encompasses everything. (Ha-Mim as-Sajda 54)
SURA BANI ISRAIL:
وَ مَنۡ کَانَ فِیۡ ہٰذِہٖۤ اَعۡمٰی فَہُوَ فِی الۡاٰخِرَۃِ اَعۡمٰی
Meaning: And whoever remains blind (to Deddar e Elahi) in this world will be blind in the hereafter as well. (Bani Israil 72)
وَ لِلّٰہِ الۡمَشۡرِقُ وَ الۡمَغۡرِبُ ٭ فَاَیۡنَمَا تُوَلُّوۡا فَثَمَّ وَجۡہُ اللّٰہِ ؕ ﴿۱۱۵﴾
Meaning: And the east and the west (all) belong to Allah alone. So, wherever you turn, you will observe the Divine Countenance. (Al-Baqarah 115)
HADITH ON DEEDAR E ELAHI (DIVINE VISION):
- Jarir ibn Abdullah narrated: The Prophet said, “You will definitely see your Lord with your own eyes.” (Sahih Bukhari 7435)
- Jarir ibn Abdullah narrated: We were in the company of the Prophet on a fourteenth night (of the lunar moon), and he looked at the (full) moon and said, ‘You will see your Lord as you see this moon, and you will have no trouble in looking at Him”. (Sahih Bukhari 4851)
DENIER OF DEEDAR E ELAHI (DIVINE VISION):
Sultan Bahoo says about the denier of Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision):
ہر کہ منکر از خدا دیدار شد
امت نبویؐ نہ باشد خوار شد
Explanation: Denier of Divine vision is debarred from the umma of the Prophet and he is destined to abjectness. (Nur-ul-Huda Kalan)
EVIDENCES ON DEEDAR E ELAHI (DIVINE VISION):
Deniers of Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision) quote the incident of Prophet Moses. Two instances of it are in Quran. They clearly state about the blessing of Deedar e Elahi, rather they impart its valuable lesson to the seekers of Allah. Prophet Moses was on a journey with his pregnant wife. During travel she felt pain and cold. Prophet Moses told her to wait, while he brought her fire. When he went in search of it he sighted light from far away. He went closer and closer. When he finally reached there he saw Divine light emitting from the jujube tree and its branches but it was not consumed by it. As Moses was in search of fire, therefore he had an image of fire in his mind, though the light was in fact theophany of Allah on that tree. He was amazed to see it.
A voice came from the tree, narrated in Quran as:
فَلَمَّا قَضٰی مُوۡسَی الۡاَجَلَ وَ سَارَ بِاَہۡلِہٖۤ اٰنَسَ مِنۡ جَانِبِ الطُّوۡرِ نَارًا ۚ قَالَ لِاَہۡلِہِ امۡکُثُوۡۤا اِنِّیۡۤ اٰنَسۡتُ نَارًا لَّعَلِّیۡۤ اٰتِیۡکُمۡ مِّنۡہَا بِخَبَرٍ اَوۡ جَذۡوَۃٍ مِّنَ النَّارِ لَعَلَّکُمۡ تَصۡطَلُوۡنَ ﴿۲۹﴾
فَلَمَّاۤ اَتٰهَا نُوۡدِىَ مِنۡ شَاطِی ِٔ الۡوَادِ الۡاَيۡمَنِ فِى الۡبُقۡعَةِ الۡمُبٰرَكَةِ مِنَ الشَّجَرَةِ اَنۡ يّٰمُوۡسٰٓى اِنِّىۡۤ اَنَا اللّٰهُ رَبُّ الۡعٰلَمِيۡنَ ۙ ﴿۳۰﴾
Meaning: So when Moses completed the appointed term and set out with his wife, he saw a fire in the direction of Tur. (That was a flash of absolute beauty which caught his inward and fascinated him.) He said to his wife, “Stay (here), I have seen a fire. I may bring you some news (about Him) from that (fire in whose pursuit I have long been wandering), or (I may bring you) some burning brand from the fire so that you (too) may feel the burn.” When Moses reached there, a call was made from the right side of (the blessed Tur) valley from the tree (located) in a blessed spot, “O Moses, verily, I am Allah, the Sustainer of all the worlds.” (Al-Qasas 29-30)
PROPHET MOSES INDEED BEHELD ALLAH:
This incident clearly implies that Prophet Moses beheld Allah. As at the end of the verse 143 of sura al-A’raf it is stated, ‘I am the first believer’ hence revealing that he beheld Allah because a believer (Mumin) is the one who prays to Allah while seeing Him. Now a few people from the words of the aforementioned verse, “You cannot look upon Me,” try to prove that Moses never beheld. In this regard a few different exegetical writers of Quran state this very incident as follows:
In Tafsir Zia-ul-Quran, Mohammad Karam Shah al-Azhari stated:
- As far as the possibility of Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision) is concerned, there is no controversy. Everyone agrees that Allah can be seen. If it was not possible, why Prophet Moses asked? Prophets know what is possible, what is not and what Allah has strictly forbidden. A Prophet never requests for anything which is impossible or forbidden.
Tafsir al-Mazhari states:
- If Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision) is in reality impossible then it was obligatory upon Prophet Moses to reprimand and call his people ignorant when they first placed their request. Like he had done before and called them ignorant when his people said, ‘Make for us a God (verse 138 of sura al-A’raf)’. Prophet Moses had prohibited Aaron to walk the path of seditious people then how is it possible that instead of silencing them he would have walked the same path and requested for Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision).
Allah’s words in the aforementioned verse of Al-Araf, “So, if it stays firm in its place then soon you will behold My beauty,” imply that even a mountain cannot endure Allah’s vision, how could Moses! Hence, setting the condition of unwavering of the mountain for Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision) confirms the possibility of Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision) because unwavering of mountain during the theophany is not impossible, thus proving the vision of Allah is also not impossible. To say, if prerequisite is possible to be fulfilled, the required is also possible.
VARIOUS NARRATIONS ON DEEDAR E ELAHI (DIVINE VISION):
- Abdullah ibn Abbas said, “The light of Allah descended on the mountain.” Zahhak said, “Allah unveiled Divine light and manifested merely up to a hole in the nose of an ox”. Abdullah ibn Salam and Ka’b ibn Zuhayr said, “The grandeur of Allah manifested the size of eye of the needle and the mountain shattered into tiny particles”. Sidi said that the theophany was the size of a lizard like the tradition narrated by Anas ibn Malik that the Prophet placed his thumb on the edge of a lizard’s tail and recited the verse and said, “Theophany was only of this magnitude.”
Through all these exegesis it becomes very clear that it is possible to behold Allah both in the world and the hereafter. Rather, it is the passion of Allah Himself that He intends to be recognized’ which is not possible without Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision).
SULTAN BAHOO ABOUT DEEDAR E ELAHI AND PROPHET MOSES:
Sultan Bahoo narrates this incident in his book Ain-ul-Faqr in the inspirational style of a Mystic:
- The special theophany is that which manifests due to the pain of Ishq e Haqiqi (Divine love). When Prophet Moses requested Allah for His vision, as mentioned in Quran:
رَبِّ اَرِنِىۡۤ اَنۡظُرۡ اِلَيۡكَ
Meaning: O Lord! Show me (Your beauty) so that I may savour Your sight. (Al-A’raf-143)
Allah replied, “O Moses! You have behaved impudently in My court. I have promised that unless My beloved Prophet Mohammad and his umma behold Me, I will not show My beauty to anyone.” Prophet Moses did not listen to these words out of his passion for Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision) and insisted, “O Holy Lord! Show me (Your beauty) so that I may savour Your splendid sight.” Allah said, “O Moses! I will manifest My theophany but you do not have the strength to behold it.” Prophet Moses replied, “I will behold it O Allah.” Then Allah said, “Well, then come to Mount Tur, say two units of supererogatory prayer and sit respectfully.” When Moses did as ordered, Allah descended His theophany due to which Mount Tur crushed into pieces and Prophet Moses fainted. He remained unconscious for three days and nights, as Allah says:
وَّخَرَّ مُوۡسٰى صَعِقًا
Meaning: And Moses fell down unconscious. (Al-A’raf-143)
AFFECT OF DEEDAR E ELAHI (DIVINE VISION) ON SULTAN BAHOO:
Allah said, “O Moses! I warned you that you do not have the strength to behold Me.” Then Allah added “I blessed you with the Divine theophany of My light but you could not bear it. You fainted and disclosed My secret. However, in the last era, My such men will be born in the umma of Prophet Mohammad that I will shower the theophanies of My light thousand times a day upon them but they will not transgress even a little, rather will ask for more saying:
اِشْتِیَاقِیْ وَ مُحَبَّتِیْ اِلَی الْحَبِیْبِ
Meaning: I am still longing and passionate for my Beloved. (Ain-ul-Faqr)
MYSTICS CLAIM OF DEEDAR E ELAHI (DIVINE VISION):
Shaikh Abdul Qadir Jilani said in his book Sirr al-Asrar:
- Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision) is to see the reflection of Noor e Elahi (Divine light) of His beauty and compassion with the eyes of soul in the mirror of inward like it is the saying of Allah Almighty,
مَا زَاغَ الۡبَصَرُ وَ مَا طَغٰی ﴿۱۷﴾
Meaning: His eyes neither inclined aside nor overstepped the limit. (An-Najm 17).
The Prophet said:
اَلْمُؤْ مِنُ مِرْآۃُ الْمُؤْ مِنِ (سنن ابی داؤد۔)
Meaning: The believer is the believer’s mirror. (Sunnan e Abu Dawood 4918)
In this Hadith, the first believer refers to the inward of a believer and the second is the Divine Essence. Mystics claim Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision) often. Like Umar ibn Khattab said, “My inward saw Allah through His light (light of Ism-e-Allah Zaat)”. Ali ibn Abi Talib said, “I do not pray Allah Almighty unless I see Him”. (Sirr al-Asrar, section 9)
ALLAH IS OMNIPRESENT AND DEEDAR E ELAHI (DIVINE VISION) IS POSSIBLE:
Shaikh Abdul Qadir Jilani said:
- Whoever saw the beloved of Allah, he in fact beheld Divine vision (Deedar e Elahi) and who saw Him esoterically, he found the blessing of Divine presence. Our Lord, Allah is omnipresent and can be seen.
The Prophet said:
سَتَّرُوْنَ رَبََّکُمْ کَمَا تَرَوْنَ الشَمْسَ وَالْقَمَرَ
Meaning: Soon you will behold Allah like you see sun and moon. (Al-Fath ar-Rabbani section 33)
AL GHAZALI ON DEEDAR E ELAHI (DIVINE VISION):
- Gnosis achieved at a level is greater than Marifat e Elahi (gnosis) achieved previously and it is Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision) and observation. As regards the perfection of unveiling, Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision) is related with gnosis just as seeing is related with thought. Like closing eyelids is a veil for the eye but it does not stops thoughts and unless the veil of lid is not lifted the eye cannot see, similarly relation of man with his earthen body engrossed in the desires of the world is a veil for the Divine observation. It does not stops gnosis but unless it breaks, observation is not possible. Therefore, Allah Almighty said to Prophet Moses, ‘You cannot look upon Me’. (Kimiya-e-Sa’adat)
SCHOLAR OF DEEDAR E ELAHI (DIVINE VISION):
Sultan Bahoo said:
- I am the scholar of knowledge of Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision) and I behold His light everywhere. Except the knowledge of Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision), I do not study any other knowledge. Neither I do nor I know any other kind of invocation or meditation as every knowledge is in fact for the sake of Divine vision (which I already have). Where there is this vision, neither there is time nor space, neither stations nor destinations, only the Divine Essence is present in an unparalleled and incomparable form. Moreover his gnosis and union is possible at the realm of Divinity in such a way that theophanies of light emit from the letters of Ism-e-Allah Zaatand in (the light of) those theophanies, the seeker finds the blessing of His vision. (Ameer-ul-Kaunain)
- I am proficient of the knowledge of Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision) and study only its lessons. Moreover I have attained these ranks by the benevolence of the sacred company of Prophet Mohammad, his Companions and the People of the Cloak (Ahl al-Bayt). (Ameer-ul-Kaunain)
THE WAY TO BE BLESSED WITH DEEDAR E ELAHI (DIVINE VISION):
Sultan Bahoo said:
- For a seeker honouring with Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision) and being One with Him is possible through which knowledge or act? It is the knowledge of spiritual travelling through Divinity, observation of His light, Divine presence and proximity which is beyond intellect and wisdom. Importantly a person can only have gnosis of Allah through Ism-e-Allah Zaat. Moreover such a person is our dearest brother. (Nur-ul-Huda Kalan)
شد وسیلہ نقش بہرِ نقاش بین
- نقش و نقاشے یکے شد بالیقین
Explanation: Contemplate the impression (name), as it is the source to recognize the One imprinted (Self). The faith is perfect when the impression and the imprinted become One. How to achieve such perfect faith (truth of certainty)? It is possible from Ism-e-Allah Zaat. If you want to know the secret of Allah Almighty then you should know that He is within you concealed like the kernel. (Nur-ul-Huda Kalan)
IMPEDIMENTS IN DEEDAR E ELAHI (DIVINE VISION):
Sultan Bahoo said about the intervening impediments in Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision) and the ways of its exclusion:
One must understand that neither the mountains nor the walls hinder the seeker from seeing Him. As the only obstacle between them and Allah is the inciting innerself which is harder than walls and mountains and it is very arduous to remove. The perfect spiritual guide first of all kills this giant innerself which is friend of Satan by the sword of contemplation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat. As soon as it is killed, their remains no longer the veil of strangeness between Allah and His slave and he is forever blessed with Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision). On the other hand the spiritual guide who does not grant the contemplation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat is not worthy to guide. (Nur-ul-Huda Kalan)
FROM WHERE DEEDAR E ELAHI (DIVIE VISION) IS BLESSED:
Sultan Bahoo said:
- Only the disciple of the Sarwari Qadri order has the right guidance and accorded endurance for Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision) hence after manifold firm spiritual experiences he is blessed. On the other hand if a seeker of any other order claims it then he is boastful, a liar and veiled. (Nur-ul-Huda Kalan)
SULTAN BAHOO AND DEEDAR E ELAHI (DIVINE VISION):
Sultan Bahoo explicitly elaborated the knowledge of Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision) in his books.
طالبِ دیدار با دیدار بر
جذ خدا دیگر نہ بیند بانظر
ہر طرف بینم بیابم حق زحق
بامطالعہ دائمی دِل دم غرق
Explanation: As seeker of Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision) is only concerned with seeing Allah hence he never turns towards anything else. Moreover, I eternally remain engrossed in study of inward. Wherever I see, I find the Truth from the Truth. (Nur-ul-Huda Kalan)
NEVER ENDING STATE OF DEEDAR E ELAHI AND UNION:
Sultan Bahoo said in Kaleed-al-Tauheed Kalan:
کشتگانِ دیدار دائم باوصال
باجمال و باوصال و لازوال
Explanation: Those killed by Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision), remain in never ending state of Deedar e Elahi (Divine union) and vision of His beauty. (Kaleed-al-Tauheed Kalan)
MOST SAVOURING IS DEEDAR E ELAHI (DIVINE VISION):
بہ ز ہر لذّت بود لذّتِ لِقا
لذّتِ دُنیا چہ باشد بے بقا
Explanation: Among all savours most savouring is Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision) and not at all compared with that of the world which is trivial and transitory. (Nur-ul-Huda Kalan)
FOUR TYPES OF SENSUALITIES THAT PREVENT DEEDAR E ELAHI (DIVINE VISION):
The contentment of Mystic who is immortal with Allah or man of Divinity lies in the Divine Essence (His vision). On the other hand there are four types of worldly sensualities which prevent a person from the eternal pleasure (Deedar e Elahi or Divine vision). First, the pleasure to savour rich and palatable food. Second is copulation. Third is ruling authority (fame through any rank or authority) which is this carrion world in entirety. Fourth is peruse. Moreover these four pleasures are equal. One whose existence has tasted gnosis becomes free from these worldly desires hence the pleasure of gnosis of Allah (Deedar e Elahi) brings delight to soul and death to inciting innerself. (Asrar-e-Qadri)
GIVE LIFE AND PROCURE ISM E ALLAH ZAAT:
Sultan Bahoo said in Ain-ul-Faqr:
ہر کہ جانِ خود را فروخت اسمِ اللہ را خرید
ہر کہ اسمِ اللہ خرید بعین العیان دید
Explanation: Whoever gave his life to Allah, procured Ism-e-Allah Zaat. Moreover whoever procured Ism-e-Allah Zaat beheld Allah with his open eyes.
EVERYTHING IS CARRION EXCEPT DEEDAR E ELAHI (DIVINE VISION):
بجز دیدارِحق مردار باشد
کہ عاشق طالبِ دیدار باشد
Explanation: Everything is carrion except Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision) that is why true lovers seek only this Holy vision. (Ain-ul-Faqr)
آن نور تجلی کہ بموسٰیٰؑ کوہِ طور
عین عنایت است مرا حق ظہور
Explanation: The theophany of Divine light which Prophet Moses beheld on Mount Tur, manifests in my own existence by the grace of Allah. (Ain-ul-Faqr)
دیدارش کی روا باشد کہ دل بیدار نیست
سجدہ با دیدار سنگ دیوار نیست
Explanation: How can one see Allah unless inward is awake! As a matter of fact real prostration is possible only while beholding Him. By the same token prostrating before the wall blindly is not real prostration. (Ain-ul-Faqr)
NUR UL HUA KALAN ABOUT DEEDAR E ELAHI (DIVINE VISION):
Sultan Bahoo said in Nur-ul-Huda Kalan:
- The very first status of Mystics is that they find the blessing of Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision). By the same token I have achieved this status but only by Ism-e-Allah Zaat. That is why, I have made Ism-e-Allah Zaatmy guide. Moreover the person who drowns his self in Ism-e-Allah Zaat, finds gnosis of vision quickly. How I see Allah? I see Allah because my Prophet Mohammad blesses me with His vision.
- O seekers of alchemy of gold and riches! Which alchemy do you seek? And which alchemy do you trust? Because alchemy is of two types. One alchemy relates to wealth, riches and carrion world and second alchemy is of the honour of having Divine vision. Which knowledge leads to Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision)? Which knowledge provides the spiritual sight to witness Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision)? Surely, that knowledge is ‘Ism-e-Allah Zaat’.
- In fact, human beings have two levels. One of them are the true human beings and others are just beasts in the appearance of humans. They always remain worried and perplexed. How one can differentiate an elevated human from that beast? The true ones eternally find the blessing of Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision) and beasts run after this carrion material world.
- The Mystic who forever remains engrossed in Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision) neither needs knowledge of outward and spiritual messages nor Divine inspirations.
SULTAN BAHOO FURTHER SAYS IN NUR-UL-HUDA KALAN:
- Allah Almighty bestows the status of Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision). He blesses with it whom He wishes, in the world and the hereafter and whom He wishes, He keeps deprived. It is the saying of Allah in Quran:
وَمَنْ كَانَ فِي هٰـذِهٖ اَعْمَى فَهُوَ فِي الْاٰخِرَةِ اَعْمَى
Meaning: And whoever remains blind (to Deedar e Elahi) in this world will be blind in the hereafter as well. (Bani Israil 72)
- If you have (spiritual) sight see Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision) to your heart’s content.
- Be engrossed in Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision) if you have spiritual sight then you will be considered an invoker (of Allah’s name) even if you do not invoke or meditate (as vision of Allah is exalted than rest of the worships, it incorporates everything).
- O seeker of Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision) if you have spiritual sight then be engrossed in the blessing of Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision).
- O seeker leave discussions and arguments and attain perfection in Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision).
- If you seek Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision) then shun your inciting innerself and come here.
- The person who reaches the core of Ism-e-Allah Zaathis sustenance becomes Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision) and for eternity he remains engrossed in Deedar e Elahi.
SULTAN BAHOO EXPLAINS ABOUT DEEDAR E ELAHI (DIVINE VISION):
- One whose leader is Prophet Mohammad and he becomes desirable in the Mohammadan Assembly, eventually gets honoured with Deedar e Elahi. As a matter of fact such a person does not boast his status and he also annihilates his existence and forever remains present in the assembly.
- Faith is perfect when (spiritual) eyes have Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision). One who denies it is a reprobate.
- The one who finds the blessing of Divine light for the spiritual eyes to see, he is exalted with Allah’s vision. Moreover such a man of Deedar e Elahi is relieved from all worries attaining Divine wisdom.
- The person is not selfish who finds the blessing of Deedar e Elahi. Why would a person engage himself in verbosity who sees Allah as he is forever engrossed in His vision! One who sees Him annihilates in Oneness. He faces severe spiritual ordeals silently.
Sultan Bahoo’s books are a treasure of knowledge about Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision). Additionally he acknowledges through his writings that Deedar e Elahi is only possible through Ism-e-Allah Zaat. A person had the honour with it who contemplates and invokes Ism-e-Allah Zaat.
SULTAN BAHOO’S PUNJABI QUATRAINS ON DEEDAR E ELAHI (DIVINE VISION):
Sultan Bahoo said in his Punjabi quatrains:
باجھ فنا رب حاصل ناہیں باھوؒ، ناں تاثیر جماعتاں ھو
Explanation: Without annihilation of the self, both union and Deedar e Elahi are neither blessed nor there is inward presence in worships.
ظاہر ویکھاں جانی تائیں، نالے دِسے اندر سینے ھو
Explanation: I only see my beloved Allah spiritually and physically.
جاں اند وڑ جھاتی پائی، ڈِٹھا یار اکلا ھو
Explanation: When I gazed in my inward, I witnessed Divinity.
دم دم دے وِچ ویکھن مولیٰ، جنہاں قضا نہ کیتی ھو
Explanation: Divine lovers are forever engrossed in Deedar e Elahi and continuously offer salat for their salat never gets lapsed.
PIR BAHADUR ALI SHAH AND DEEDAR E ELAHI (DIVINE VISION):
Pir Bahadur Ali Shah said:
اکھ بنوا جاہل بچارا تاں دیکھیں نور نظارا
ذاتی ہے یا صفاتی چمکارہ کون دیکھے بجز بینائی
واہ پیر محمد رمز بتائی
Explanation: No one can see Allah with physical eyes. Therefore attain Divine light for the spiritual eyes to see Him only then you can differentiate whether Divine attribute(s) had manifested or the Divine Essence Himself. Moreover without the attainment of this Divine light one cannot see Allah and I have achieved all this from my spiritual guide.
BULLEH SHAH AND DEEDAR E ELAHI (DIVINE VISION):
Bulleh Shah said:
علموں بس کریں او یار
اک الف تینوں درکار
Explanation: The entire knowledge which you have gained, if cannot embrace you with Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision) then empty yourself of it and hold onto Ism-e-Allah Zaat for you surely will succeed.
SULTAN-UL-FAQR VI AND DEEDAR E ELAHI (DIVINE VISION):
Some of the sayings of Sultan-ul-Faqr VI Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali are:
- I never asked anything from Allah except His vision (Deedar e Elahi) and consent.
- There is no blessing greater than Deedar e Elahi and it is possible through the mediation of Mystics.
- One finds the blessing of the Deedar e Elahi through the spiritual sight instead of the physical eyesight. Moreover light for spiritual eyes is gained from Ism-e-Allah Zaatand the spiritual glance of the perfect spiritual guide.
- The person who does not believe in Deedar e Elahi is not a true follower of Prophet Mohammad. He is unfortunate and is unaware of his own misfortune and depravity.
(Sultan-ul-Faqr VI Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali Life and Teachings)
IQBAL AND DEEDAR E ELAHI (DIVINE VISION):
Iqbal also acknowledged Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision) like other Mystics hence his poetry reveals signs. Moreover he, like a seeker of Allah, requested for this supreme blessing. Few of his verses are:
برمقامِ خود رسیدن زندگی است
ذات را بے پردہ دیدن زندگی است
Explanation: Eternal life, in reality, is to reach the ultimate destination (peak of Faqr) and to see Allah Almighty without any veil. It is in fact achievement in life.
DEEDAR E ELAHI WHILE IN EARTHEN BODY:
He said about the life in this world:
زندگی اینجا ز دیدار است و بس
ذوقِ دیدار است و گفتار است و بس
Explanation: Worldly life is to unveil Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision). The aim of this life is savouring the celebrated vision and to engross in conversation with Allah.
OPENLY BEHOLDING ALLAH I.E. DEEDAR E ELAHI:
گزر گیا اب وہ دور ساقی کہ چھپ کے پیتے تھے پینے والے
بنے گا سارا جہان مے خانہ، ہر کوئی بادہ خوار ہو گا
Explanation: This is no longer the age of beholding Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision) secretly. As the entire world will become a witness of it.
FOR DEEDAR E ELAHI FREE ONESELF FROM BOUNDARIES OF TIME AND SPACE:
کمالِ زندگی دیدارِ ذات است
طریقش رستن از بندِ جہات است
Explanation: The crux of life is Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision) and for its attainment a man has to free himself from the boundaries of time and space.
According to Faqr, the teachings of Sultan Bahoo, Deedar e Elahi (Divine vision) is a magnificent blessing and a great inward reward. This is possible by the contemplation of Ism-e-Allah Zaat and guidance from the perfect spiritual guide.